Now that the year is quickly coming to a close you might be worried about how you can stay in touch with your new friends. I know from first hand experiences when friends move away, it's hard to keep in touch with them. You both get busy with your separate lives and don't have the time to catch up with each other. Nonetheless, it's important to keep in touch with friends. Here are some ideas for keeping in touch with your buds.
1. Call often. Simply pick up the phone and call whenever you can - it doesn't have to be a long phone call. Just a quick 5-minute call can get you caught up with each other
2. Email or chat online. Make sure you exchange e-mail addresses before you leave campus, and you're all set. Just remember to send them a message with what you have been up to!
3. Skype. With Skype, you can video-conference with people who live far away from you for FREE by connecting through your camera and microphone on your computer.
Here are some other tips on keeping in touch:
· Don't wait for your friend to make the first move. Who knows how busy she is, or if she/he is waiting for you to message them!
· Use internet social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter as means to stay in touch with what your friends have been up too
For more information on how to stay in touch with friends from university or college, check your schools alumni page for more information and tips. Click here for more information from Brock University.