Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome to Campus


Hi, welcome to my blog! I am a recent graduate of Brock University where I received my degree in Popular Culture. Currently, I am studying at Niagara College where I hope to receive my diploma in Public Relations graduate studies this spring!

For one of my classes at Niagara College, I am required to write a blog as a way to see how social media is used in today’s society as a means to share messages to mass audiences. Hopefully my blog, someday, will reach a mass audience.

Deciding on a topic for this blog was one of the most challenging tasks I have had in a long time. However, I have reached a topic in which I will be blogging weekly about. I have taken inspiration from the 2003 Romantic Comedy, How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days, staring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey; I will be writing a “How to…” blog. Unlike Kate Hudson’s characters column, which dealt with issues around dating, romance and style, my blog will be a “how to” guide for freshman students at university and college.

When I began university four years ago, I wish I had non-education related information to help with what I could expect during my university experience. Each week I will post on topics that will vary from “how to make cleaning more enjoyable”, “how to make an inexpensive and delicious meal” to “how to make the best pre-bar beverage”.

As you can see this will be a light and fun blog, full of useful information for the current students of university and college.

Next, How to go to the bar on a budget…

xo xo, your how to girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment